#1 Lower Case
Remove the 10 screws on the back of your macbook.
The screws shown in red are 3mm screws
The screws shown in yellow are 13.5 mm screws.
Attention ; Please do not confuse them as we will put them back on while removing
#2 Lift Cover
Please slightly lift the back of the case we removed the screws
Unscrew the three screws on the battery.
One is a 5.5mm three point screw.
One is 13.5mm three point screw.
#4 Disconnect Battery
Using the flat end of the spudger, remove the battery connector from its slot on the motherboard.
#5 Lift the battery out of the upper case
For a healthier and long-lasting use, we recommend you to do the following.
Charge it to 100% and then continue charging for at least 2 more hours. Then unplug and use as normal to drain the battery. Save your work when you see the low battery warning and keep your laptop turned on until it goes into sleep mode due to low battery. Wait at least 5 hours, then charge your laptop to 100% without interruption.
In some cases, the battery may not work, so you may need to reset it with SMC reset. I explained it in the simplest way below
- Shut down your Mac.
- On your built-in keyboard, press and hold all of the following keys. Your Mac might turn on.
- Control on the left side of your keyboard
- Option (Alt) on the left side of your keyboard
- Shift on the right side of your keyboard
- Keep holding all three keys for 7 seconds, then press and hold the power button as well. If your Mac is on, it will turn off as you hold the keys.
This way you can perform a battery change. Do not hesitate to contact us for any problem. Have a nice day